Monday, January 30, 2012

Cream of Celeriac Soup

I wanted to try this recipe that was
 in the January Victoria Magazine 2012 issue.It calls for celery root and I had never cooked with it before.
I diced and sauted the celery root.
I have a little bay tree growing in the backyard and I needed one leaf for the recipe. It's always nice having herbs growing right next to your kitchen so you'll have them fresh.
It called for Bouquet Garni, which consisted of fresh sprigs of thyme, parsley, rosemary and 1 bay leaf.
Wrap all the herbs together in cheesecloth and secure it with twine. Let cook for about 45min. Remove the Bouquet Garni, puree, and strain with a fine-mesh sieve.
 It was very delicious
 for a cold winter night.
The complete recipe is in Victoria 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blog:) We like the same things..Gardening..crafts.. photo..food..I don't have a doggie though..Yours is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...